- Cafeteria monthly meal allowance ($90/month) with rollover with additional 20% discount for all staff (at Washington Hospital Center)
- Four weeks of paid vacation each year
- Department covers payment for certification in ATLS and PALS during Intern Orientation
- Malpractice insurance coverage by the hospital
- White coats
- Personalized, embroidered scrubs
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance are available through the hospital (deducted from your paycheck before taxes).
- Evening meals covered by the hospital. $9 added to your card for all overnight shifts (at Georgetown University Hospital)
- Free parking, free shuttle to the metro and preferred access to selected parking facilities at all training locations
- CME funds available each year from the GME Office ($833) and the Department of Emergency Medicine ($200). Additionally, the GME office will provide another $200 which is used specifically for licensure fees.
- Each resident may attend two national or regional Emergency Medicine educational conference during their training (typically SAEM during intern year, ACEP during senior year)
- Expenses covered for residents making scholarly presentations at national or regional scientific meetings (i.e. abstract or poster presentation)
Modest cost of living increases in salary for house staff were issued by MedStar Health in May, 2010, and go into effect on July 1, 2010. Salary levels appear below.
|Year||Salary (as of July 1, 2012)|
|PGY4 (fellowship year)||$55,750|
Applicants who interview with us will receive detailed information about policies regarding contracts, salary, leave, call rooms, laundry services, meals, and housing. This information is current as of 2010 but is subject to change. You will receive the most up to date information at your interview.