Georgetown Medical Student Rotation in Emergency Medicine
Course Name: Student Clerkship in Emergency Medicine
Course Number: EMED-440
Prerequisites: Fourth year Georgetown medical students
Location: Georgetown University Hospital and Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC. Students may also choose to rotate at Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, MD.
Duration: 4 weeks / Blocks 1-5 and 7-8
This four week rotation for Georgetown senior medical students includes the following:
- Clinical shifts in two urban Emergency Departments
- Simulation Lab with central line, intubation, ultrasound and suture stations
- Teaching shift with a senior Emergency Medicine Resident
- Poison Control Center toxicology session
- Invitation to weekly GU/WHC EM Residency Lecture series
Our students evaluate and treat patients in close conjunction with EM Residents and EM Attending Physicians. Many shifts provide one-on-one teaching with the EM Attending, accelerating your development as a future EM physician.